All PYNQ code is contained in the pynq Python package and can be found on the on the Github repository.
To learn more about Python package structures, please refer to the official python documentation.
- pynq.ps - Facilitates management of the Processing System (PS) and PS/PL interface.
- pynq.pl - Facilitates management of the Programmable Logic (PL).
- pynq.overlay - Manages the state, drivers, and and contents of overlays.
- pynq.bitstream - Instantiates class for PL bitstream (full/partial).
- pynq.devicetree - Instantiates the device tree segment class.
Data Movement modules:
- pynq.mmio - Implements PYNQ Memory Mapped IO (MMIO) API
- pynq.gpio - Implements PYNQ General-Purpose IO (GPIO) by wrapping the Linux Sysfs API
- pynq.xlnk - Implements Contiguous Memory Allocation for PYNQ DMA
- pynq.buffer - Implements a buffer class for DMA engines and accelerators
- pynq.interrupt - Implements PYNQ asyncio
- pynq.pmbus - PYNQ class for reading power measurements from PMBus
- pynq.uio - Interacts directly with a UIO device
- pynq.registers - Allows users to access registers easily
- pynq.lib - Contains sub-packages with drivers for for PMOD, Arduino and Logictools PYNQ Libraries, and drivers for various communication controllers (GPIO, DMA, Video, Audio, etc.)
- pynq.pl_server - Contains sub-packages for PL server to work across multiple devices. It also includes the overlay metadata parsers (e.g., tcl, hwh)